Friday, May 31, 2013

School´s out!

Due to what I thought were light clouds during last weekend´s trip up the volcano, I made the bold decision not to put sunscreen on.  Of course, my face got burned pretty bad, and despite copious amounts of aloe vera, I started to peel horribly after about 2 days.  This made making new friends in Xela really fun and easy.  I was hoping that when my old face fell off it would reveal a new, better one...maybe a little more George Clooney and a little less Steve Buscemi.  Unfortunately, it was still my usual face glaring back at me in the mirror on Friday when I finally looked halfway normal again.

I finished up my second week of school, and found it a bit hard to say goodbye to all the friends I had made in Xela.  Usually traveling is all about quick two or three day relationships, but staying in Xela has kind of thrown a wrench into that.  It´s also kept me inactive enough that I haven´t dropped the weight I usually do when I travel.  The street food is catching up to me...fried tortillas, fried pupusas, fried sandwiches, fried tacos.  At least the ceviche is kind of healthy...

Anyway, I´m on good old dial-up internet, so I´m not going to throw any pictures on here.  Hopefully I´ll actually have something picture-worthy next time!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your having a great time! I was cracking up readying your post :) Thanks for the email and I shared this blog to some of your close co-workers. Glad your doing well! I'm excited for you! your not missing much here, we finally got mid 70's weather for a few days, sure it will go away soon. enjoy every moment down there! great pics too! hope your writing in a journal everyday. This was the best thing I ever did when I went to New Zealand. It brings your adventure back to life years from now. Take care buddy! miss ya :) big hugs

    ReplyDelete