Saturday, May 18, 2013

Arrival in Antigua

The streets of Antigua
I arrived in Guatemala a bit nervous and overwhelmed.  My near total lack of research probably wasn´t the best choice, but I´ve kind of managed to get my feet under me here in Antigua.  Though it´s become apparent that I´m going to need to learn some more Spanish quickly, I have had a few minor successes here:

-Negotiating the purchase of a SIM card for my phone so I can stay in touch with people here
-Posing for pictures with a bunch of elementary school children on the hillside overlooking Antigua
-Eating a nutella banana strawberry crepe for breakfast two days in a row
-Remembering the word for clown (thank you, third grade Spanish in Ms. Gustafson´s class!)
  **See picture below for the nicest McDonald´s seating area I´ve ever seen.**

Ol´Ronald doesn´t seem enthused by the 500 year old ruins
or incredible volcano views behind him.


No comments:

Post a Comment