Monday, May 20, 2013

Changing gears...

Ah...I´ve missed the jungle
There´s a parrot around the corner of my building that has spent the last 30 minutes trying to get my attention.  I think I´ve heard him pull out almost 10 different languages and the sounds of 4 different animals (he´s now mewing like a very frustrated cat) as I sit on the balcony overlooking a garden courtyard full of lime trees and flowers while the cool breeze blows in off Lake Atitlan.  It has set me back a whopping $10 a night.  The only downside is that I have to share a room with a gorgeous Swiss girl.  Oh my life...

Anyway, I moved on from Antigua and spent a night in Panajachel on the shores of Lake Atitlan.  Not really my kind of place, but it was my first stop on my journey west, toward my next destination of Quetzaltenango.


No comments:

Post a Comment