Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My life in a bag

I´m sure that none of my 4 consistent readers are very interested (hi mom!), but I took a picture of all my stuff and now I´m posting it.  In case anyone does want to know, here are the contents of my little carry on bag that is now my life.  Bringing a carryon sized bag has been fantastic for hopping on crowded buses, walking that extra 5 miles into town when I inevitably get off at the wrong bus stop, and packing up quickly when it´s time to head out.  My 4 shirts, two pairs of shorts, 3 pairs of underwear, 2 pairs of socks, a pair of long pants, and a lightweight jacket are all the clothes I need for extended travel, and in fact I find that I´m really only wearing 3 of the shirts, one pair of shorts, and two pairs of underwear.  I generally wash a load of laundry in the sink or shower every other day, and I think I still smell ok.  Hurray for cheap laundry detergent in reasonable quantities!

I also seem to accumulate books like crazy when I travel, so I now have a pretty significant stack in addition to my kindle.  In fact, when I finish up writing this, I´m headed back to the hammock to get in another few good hours of reading.

Awesome purchases that I´ve made include:
-The butterfly wallet - super small and lightweight.
-Exoffico underwear.  Great for hiking and travel.  Dries quick and seems to stay somewhat fresh on ...ahem...longer stretches between washing.
-A $20 pair of running shoes that I bought in Xela.  My most successful shopping experience in Guatemala!


The more astute among you may be asking, "But wait, I see three pairs of underwear and four shirts in the picture.  What are you wearing during this business?".  Let´s just say that things are now quite uncomfortable with my dorm mates...

No comments:

Post a Comment